2024 JUNO Awards Submissions Presented by TD Now Open
TORONTO – The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) today announced that the 2024 JUNO Awards Submissions Presented by TD are now open. Submissions will be accepted at junosubmissions.ca until November 2, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
To be considered for nomination for the 2024 JUNO Awards, national music release dates must fall between the eligibility period of September 1, 2022 and November 2, 2023.
KEY SUBMISSION DATES AND DEADLINES FOR JUNO AWARDS SUBMISSIONS PRESENTED BY TD:
- September 18, 2023 – Submissions open
- October 2, 2023, 5:00 PM ET – Deadline for early-bird submissions
- November 2, 2023, 11:59 PM ET – Final deadline
NEW THIS YEAR
- As the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is becoming more predominant in the music industry, CARAS has revised its criteria across all categories to allow for projects with AI contribution, without diminishing the focus of celebrating Canadian humans making music. Elements of AI can be used in eligible projects, but humans must be the primary creative contributors of the submitted work. Only humans are eligible to be nominated in any JUNO Award category.
- The Album Artwork of the Year category is now expanding to allow for Digital Streaming Multimedia. CDs, Vinyl and Digital Streaming Multimedia with original Canadian album artwork are eligible, with up to four contributors recognized.
- To better reflect modern music production, applicants for the Jack Richardson Producer of the Year Presented by Audio-Technica must have produced at least four tracks released in the eligibility period, with proof of track list and credits. Producers or production teams can only submit to the category once, either on their own or as a team.
Eligible independent Canadian artists will once again have the opportunity to apply for financial support through the 2024 TD JUNOS Submissions Access Program. With support from TD, the program was created by CARAS to support independent Canadian artists, from underrepresented communities, to help cover the cost of submission fees, in up to five JUNO Award categories per artist. The 2024 TD JUNOS Submissions Access Program application deadline is Nov. 2, 2023 at 5:00pm EST.
For more information about the TD JUNOS Submission Access Program and to apply, click here.
For the second year in a row, SiriusXM Canada is excited to announce that they will be providing a travel and accommodation stipend for the nominees of JUNO Comedy Album of the Year Presented by SiriusXM Canada in order to attend 2024 JUNO week in Halifax from March 20-24.
For specific JUNO Award category criteria, please visit Criteria by Category. For a complete list of JUNO Awards categories, eligibility rules, and voting criteria, visit www.junoawards.ca/submissions.
The 53rd Annual JUNO Awards and JUNO Week 2024 will be hosted in Halifax, NS from March 20-24, 2024, culminating with The JUNO Awards at Scotiabank Centre on Sunday, March 24, 2024, broadcast live on CBC TV, CBC Gem, CBC Radio One, CBC Music, CBC Listen and globally at CBCMusic.ca/junos.
For promotional graphics, suggested social copy, logos and more reference our Digital Toolkit.
PwC – Trusted partner of the 2024 JUNO Awards
Luminate is the Official Data Provider of the 2024 JUNO Awards
Official JUNO Awards website: www.junoawards.ca
Digital Content Partner and Exclusive Broadcaster:
CARAS acknowledges the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada, and Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters.
Premier Sponsor: TD Bank Group
Lead Sponsor: SiriusXM Canada
Funding Partners: The Province of Nova Scotia, Halifax Regional Municipality, and Radio Starmaker Fund
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) is a not-for-profit organization created to preserve and enhance the Canadian music industry and promote higher artistic and industry standards. CARAS’ mandate is comprised of four key pillars: Educate through our music education charity, MusiCounts, programs and initiatives, Develop emerging artists through mentorship and development programs, Celebrate Canadian artists with year-round JUNO Awards showcasing, and Honour music industry icons through the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. The 53rd Annual JUNO Awards Broadcast will take place in Halifax at Scotiabank Centre on Sunday, March 24, 2024. For more information on the JUNO Awards or The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) please visit www.junoawards.ca.
For additional information, please contact:
Jamelia Campbell: [email protected]