THE JUNO AWARDS BRAND HITS A HIGH NOTE IN 2016Apr 19, 2016
Brand partnership integration and exclusive content takes the JUNOS to the next level
50% broadcast audience increase, 36% Instagram followers increase, over 6 million online votes, 1.8 billion Twitter impressions, 1.2 million Facebook impressions, 400 thousand live stream views and more…
TORONTO (April 19, 2016) – The 2016 JUNO Awards reached a high note this year with increased brand awareness across multiple platforms.
Media note: Click here for a downloadable infographic.
- Broadcast: Audiences grew by 50% among A18-34 from last year’s broadcast, with an average of 1.45 million total viewers (2+) tuning into the two-hour live THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS broadcast on CTV, and reaching 5.4 million viewers overall (Source: Numeris).
- Socials: The JUNO digital and social presence reached nearly 1.8 billion impressions on Twitter and 1.2 million impressions on Facebook. Instagram followers increased by 36%.
- Online Exclusive Content: JUNO TV also saw record numbers with 115 pieces of original content produced and unprecedented backstage and Red Carpet live streams that hit over 400,000 views from 181 countries.
Brand partnership integration was a key factor in this year’s JUNO Awards success. A few notable initiatives include:
- TD Bank returned as a premier partner, donating $1 million to MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity, in addition to powering the TD JUNO Fan Choice Award, which garnered over 6 million votes, and the TD Green Room activation where the industry re-charged and celebrated emerging artist and MusiCounts recipient performances.
- Google Play Music became a new premier partner and is now featuring 18 exclusive JUNO Awards audio performances from the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards and JUNO Awards Broadcast on the service, capturing ‘real-time’ social activity via Google Trends in the backstage media centre as well as YouTube integration with YouTube stars like Mike Tompkins and Sam Sutherland hosting various JUNO TV live stream segments. In addition, Google Play Music will donate $1 to MusiCounts for every new subscriber at g.co/JUNOS through May 3rd.
- Three artists. One road trip. Volkswagen Canada signed on with on-site activations, social integration and an exclusive content piece featuring 2016 JUNO Award nominees Scott Helman, Brett Kissel and Francesco Yates that has garnered more than a quarter million views to date.
- Also joining forces with the JUNO Awards brand this year was Holt Renfrew and their magenta-infused transformation of the JUNO Awards Red Carpet Lounge – a playful, social spot for the music industry, including nominees and influencers, to connect before the big night.
- Valued industry partner SOCAN elevated their presence with a new presenting sponsorship of the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards adding to their long-standing co-presenting sponsorship of the JUNO Songwriters’ Circle.
- Over 30 marketing partners helped create awareness and drive ticket sales of the JUNO Awards across digital, outdoor, TV and radio platforms. Key partners included Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pattison Outdoor, Ticketmaster and Big Digital
- Entertainment One supported the live stream of the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards ensuring access to the exclusive event for Canadian music fans around the world
- The Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC) made it possible for JUNO TV to deliver exclusive content from Canada’s biggest night in music to fans, with the JUNO TV live stream on both Saturday and Sunday night.
JUNO Week 2017 takes place in Ottawa, ON from March 26 – April 2, 2017. The 2017 JUNO Awards Broadcast will air on CTV from the Canadian Tire Centre on Sunday, April 2.
The 2017 JUNO Awards are also proud to host CSFX 2017 (The Canadian Sponsorship Forum Xperience) March 31-April 2.
Premier Partners of The 2016 JUNO Awards: CARAS acknowledges the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters, Radio Starmaker Fund, the Province of Alberta, the City of Calgary, Tourism Calgary, the National Music Centre, Google Play Music and TD Bank Group.
CTV is the Official Broadcast Partner of THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS.
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences/L’académie canadienne des arts et des sciences de l’enregistrement (CARAS) is a not-for-profit organization created to preserve and enhance the Canadian music industry and to contribute toward higher artistic and industry standards. The main focus of CARAS is the exploration and development of ongoing opportunities to showcase and promote Canadian artists and music through vehicles such as The JUNO Awards and other year-round initiatives. For more information on the JUNO Awards or The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) please visit www.junoawards.ca.
– 30 –
For more information about CARAS and THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS, contact:
Adrienne Kakoullis, 416.628.5610 or [email protected]