As the music industry comes together during the COVID-19 crisis, we aim to keep you informed by compiling and sharing relevant information and resources for our music community.
General Information on COVID-19
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool – Government of Canada
- COVID-19: Prevention and Risks
- Federal government response to COVID
Funding and Business Resources for Artists
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Canada’s Emergency Response Benefit
- COVID-19: Financial help for Canadians outside Canada
- Information for Canadian Heritage grants and contributions recipients related to COVID-19 – Canada.ca
- Unison Benevolent Fund Covid-19 Financial Assistance Resource List
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- COVID-19: Updates on the law and legal services – Steps to Justice
Tracking Lost Income
- The Social Distancing Festival
- CBC Music – Music in the time of COVID-19: live performances you can stream from home
Additional Resources: Updated Regularly
- COVID-19 information & Resources For Canada’s Music Industry
As the music community comes together during the novel COVID-19 pandemic, CIMA hopes to keep you informed of developments as they roll out.
March 26, 2020
- TOArtist COVID-19 Response Fund
The Fund is an emergency support program that will help Toronto artists who have lost income as a result of COVID-19 arts cancellations.
March 25, 2020
- CONNECT Music Licensing & Music Canada COVID-19 Music Artist Impact Survey
The ongoing COVID-19/Coronavirus situation has created an unexpected impact on the music community locally and abroad. At the heart of the Canadian music industry are our artists, who are the most vulnerable and will feel the largest impact in light of recent events. CONNECT Music Licensing and Music Canada are working to understand and capture artists’ experience and convey their stories to all levels of government. Under the guidance of artist members of Music Canada’s Advisory Council, we’ve drafted a short survey for artists that will be invaluable in conveying their needs to all levels of government.
- Questions Answered About Accessing the Music Industry’s Unison Benevolent Fund
March 24, 2020
March 23, 2020
- UNISON Music Industry Relief Fund
- CBC Music – How to successfully host a live music event from home
Dear musicians: here’s how to successfully host a live music event from home. From Facebook Live to Twitch, these are the platforms you should become familiar with now.