Submissions for the 2017 JUNO Awards Open TodaySep 30, 2016
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today that submissions for the 2017 JUNO Awards will be accepted starting Friday, September 30 until Friday, November 11 at www.junosubmissions.ca.
JUNO Week 2017 will be hosted in Ottawa from March 27 through April 2, 2017.
Key submission dates:
- September 30, 2016 – Submissions open
- October 21, 2016; 5 p.m. EST – Early-bird deadline to receive discounted submission rates
- November 11, 2016; 5 p.m. EST – Submission deadline
- December 1, 2016 – Submissions for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year open
- January 5, 2017; 5 p.m. EST – Deadline for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year
Eligibility for the 2017 JUNO Awards applies to music released for national sale between September 1, 2015 and November 11, 2016. For a complete list of JUNO Awards categories, eligibility rules, and voting criteria visit www.junoawards.ca/submissions. Note: Save up to 40% on submissions by signing up as a CARAS Academy Delegate at www.junoawards.ca/join.
CARAS has also introduced the following changes this year:
- Canadian conductors are now eligible for nomination in Classical Album of the Year: Solo or Chamber, Classical Album of the Year: Large Ensemble and Classical Album of the Year: Vocal or Choral; as long as they are deemed to be the main focus of the project.
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is the Official Ballot Accountants for the 2017 JUNO Awards.
Premier partners of the 2017 JUNO Awards: CARAS acknowledges the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters, Radio Starmaker Fund, Ottawa 2017, the Province of Ontario, the Ontario Media Development Corporation, Tourism Ottawa, Google Play Music and TD Bank Group.
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences/L’académie canadienne des arts et des sciences de l’enregistrement (CARAS) is a not-for-profit organization created to preserve and enhance the Canadian music industry and to contribute toward higher artistic and industry standards. The main focus of CARAS is the exploration and development of ongoing opportunities to showcase and promote Canadian artists and music through vehicles such as The JUNO Awards, MusiCounts, the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and other year-round initiatives. For more information on the 46th Annual JUNO Awards or The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) please visit www.junoawards.ca.
For more information on the JUNO Awards or interview requests, please contact:
Michelle Easton, rock-it promotions, email@example.com, 416 656 0707 ext. 103
Zai Karim, rock-it promotions, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416 656 0707 ext. 127