Since 2008, CARAS has worked closely with their partner Strategin Solutions to put in place a comprehensive strategy for improving the sustainability performance of internal operations and JUNO Awards events.
The strategy involves collaborating with partners and suppliers to reduce resource consumption, manage waste, mitigate climate change impacts, opt for environmentally and socially responsible goods and services, inspire people to get involved, and create positive legacies.
For the eighth consecutive year, CARAS and the JUNO Awards will be bullfrogpowered with 100% green electricity. This means that Bullfrog Power injects renewable energy onto the grid to match the amount of electricity used by JUNO Week events, hotel stays and the CARAS office. In addition, CARAS is partnering with Less Emissions Inc. for the second year in a row to offset carbon emissions resulting from heating/cooling of JUNO Week event venues and travel by CARAS Members, 2014 JUNO Award Nominees, organizers, production crews, and JUNO Week event attendees.
To check out highlights of results achieved in relation to the 2014 JUNO Awards, click here.
What You Can Do
If you are planning to attend the 2015 JUNO Awards events, you too have a key role to play in contributing to event sustainability. Below is a list of suggested actions that you can take:
- Travel to and from JUNO Week events by foot, bicycle or public transit
- Dispose of waste and recyclables in appropriate receptacles
- Use your own reusable mug and/or water bottle when possible
- Get to know the local culture and purchase locally produced goods
- Turn off any lights, TVs, air conditioners or heaters when leaving your hotel room
- Opt into towel and linen reuse programs if your hotel offers the service
- Book your travel via the most direct route to reduce travel related emissions
- Offset greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions generated as a result of your travel
Meet Our Sustainability Partners
Strategin Solutions is a consulting firm specializing in sustainable event management. As a leader in this field, Strategin Solutions works with event organizers, producers, and their suppliers to devise innovative strategies for achieving sustainability goals. Customizable services delivered by Strategin Solutions enable clients to align corporate values with actions, identify efficiencies, improve performance, enhance reputation, and drive market position. www.strateginsolutions.com
Bullfrog Power, Canada’s leading green energy provider, makes it easy for homes and businesses to switch to 100% renewable energy. By choosing Bullfrog Power’s green energy, you can reduce your environmental impact, support new renewable energy project development in your region and across Canada, and help create a cleaner, healthier world. www.bullfrogpower.com
Less Emissions Inc.
Less, ranked as the highest quality offset provider by the David Suzuki Foundation and the Pembina Institute, provides businesses and individuals interested in lessening their environmental footprint with two convenient options for purchasing offsets. Less’ international-based offsets are derived from Gold Standard-certified projects, as endorsed by leading environmental groups, including WWF International. Less’ Canadian-based offsets are sourced from projects that have achieved certification under the internationally recognized VER+ Standard. www.less.ca
Sponsors of the THE 2015 JUNO AWARDS include FACTOR, Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters and The Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage’s “Canada Music Fund,” Radio Starmaker Fund, Province of Ontario, Ontario Media Development Corporation, the City of Hamilton, and TD Bank Group.
- The JUNO Awards: www.junoawards.ca
- JUNO TV: www.junotv.ca
- CARAS website: www.carasonline.ca
- CTV JUNO Website: www.junos.ctv.ca
Web Links for Sustainability Partners
- Strategin Solutions: www.strateginsolutions.com
- Bullfrog Power: www.bullfrogpower.com
- Less Emissions Inc: www.less.ca